Technology is about to unleash a wave of nihilism and which could remind some of you of the quote by the infamous Albert Pike. But some say Pike never said anything like this, that the quote is a fabrication to divide and conquer the public. However, true or not, the quote fits right in!
The very first thing we ought to ask ourselves is the following: how can an industry hire more people to create deepfakes to the point to outnumber those chasing them by 100-1? Moreover, where is the demand coming from? The somethingoneviral article below tells us like it is: there is no money to be made out of detecting these things. So there isn’t much funding and institutional backing. Lies sell better than the Truth. Money is the glue that holds all the hoaxes and deceptions together.
Although we cannot prove this yet, it seems as if those fearing the invasion of deepfakes are the same people creating them.
If deepfakes land in the “news department”, it has to be designed that way by the broadcasting networks themselves.
On top of that, it is another warning about AI behind the spread of disinformation and its deceptive nature. AI cannot think in term of humanity because those working on the algorithms made sure that AI would want to dominate at the top of the pyramid. Otherwise creating an artificial intelligence would be absolutely pointless. Artificial Intelligence really means what it means: more intelligent than you/us. Only a top 0.001% will get their nanosensors and brain interfaces to connect with AI.
The future of Deepfakes has far reaching effects. Even the alternative media is indirectly threatened since they rely on real world footage. More than ever before, those calling for throwing away our TVs sound like prophets.
It occurred to us this morning, and it is not the first time, that as long as money exists working along with nature will forever imply more cost$ or/and time. Technology too must respond holistic thinking to favor the greater good. But with money, shortcuts to avoid these costs in the short term are way too tempting. The long-run never works out when money is involved.
And this means that getting rid of money is necessary to overcome this age of Dsytopian confusion
“We shall unleash the nihilists and the atheists and we shall provoke a great social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to all nations the effect of absolute atheism; the origins of savagery and of most bloody turmoil. (goodreads.com)
Hedge Fund CIO: “I Don’t Think The Public Is Aware Of What’s Coming” (JUNE 2019) HIGHLIGHTS
- Already two-thirds of Americans say altered images and videos have become a major problem for understanding the basic facts of current events.
- Misinformation researchers warn of growing “reality apathy” whereby it takes so much effort to distinguish between what’s real and fake that we simply give up and rely on our base instincts, tribal biases, impulses. Immersed in our leader’s deceits, we come to believe in nothing. Two oil tankers burst into flames, billowing smoke.
- “I don’t think we’re well prepared at all. And I don’t think the public is aware of what’s coming,” said the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. He was discussing the rapid advance of synthesis technology.
- No sooner had we adjusted to a world where our reality seemed fake, then things that are fake became our reality.
- “We’re outgunned,” said a UC Berkeley digital-forensics expert, “The number of people now working on video-synthesis outnumber those working on detecting deepfakes by 100-1.”
People can now buy software and doctor video at home to create what’s called “deep fakes.”
AI ‘deep fake’ software that can be used to make bogus news videos that ‘threaten democracy’ is being funded by a UK government research body (OCT 2018)
Top AI researchers race to detect ‘deepfake’ videos (JUNE 2019)